“Gold Coats” offer Perry services to visitors and staff
New volunteers are always welcome.
Do you enjoy walking in a climate-controlled environment, meeting new people and providing a helpful hand to others? Whether you prefer lots of exercise or a stationary job, want to socialize or prefer to work alone, we have room for you in our family of caregivers. On the day of volunteering, Gold Coats may enjoy a free meal in our Park Avenue Café.
The pay may not be great… but the smiles and the “Thank You” that you receive from everyone make your experience a lot of fun!
Gold Coats provide the following services:
- Provide a warm Perry "Welcome" to patients and visitors
- Staff information and welcome desks at Perry's Medical Office Building, Visitor and Outpatient Entrances
- Direct patients and visitors to their destination
- Assist patients in wheelchairs
- Deliver daily mail between departments
- Special internal deliveries
- Paper shredding pickup
- Transport specimens to the laboratory
- Deliver packages and mail to inpatients
- Provide discharged patients transportation to one of the three entrances where family or friends are waiting to take them home
- Special requests: putting together packets of information, making copies and stuffing envelopes
If you are interested in volunteering at Perry, please contact Alecia Weber, Volunteer Coordinator, by calling 815-876-4435.